My worry is momentum," said Gil Sylvia, director of the Coastal Oregon Marine Experiment Station at the college's Hatfield Marine Science Center, which is conducting the research.
What does COMES stand for?
COMES stands for Coastal Oregon Marine Experiment Station (Oregon State University)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of COMES in our Acronym Attic
- CONUS Meteorological Data System
- Commander, Southeast Mediterranean Area
- Consortium of Manufacturing Engineering Heads (UK)
- Committee on Medical Exposure to Ionising Radiations (United Kingdom)
- Commission on Elections
- Corporate Memory
- Coastal and Marine Environment Management Information System
- [not an acronym] Community Programme for School Education (EC)
- Coaches and Mentors Association of South Africa
- Committee on Monetary and Economic Reform
- Common Market for Eastern & Southern Africa
- Community of Sahel-Saharan States (Africa)
- Commission on the Ethics of Scientific Knowledge and Technology
- California Online Mathematics Education Times (weekly journal)
- Carvedilol or Metoprolol European Trial (clinical study)
- Cisco Optical Multiservice Edge and Transport
- Collection en Orbite de Matiere Extra Terrestre
- Comité d'Organisation des Manifestations Économiques et Touristiques (French: Organizing Committee for Economic and Tourism Events)
- Command Experience & Training
- Commander's Maintenance Evaluation Team (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
`The bottom line is that we've found that the spores that eventually infect the fish and lead to whirling disease can survive out of water for eight hours,' said Paul Reno, a microbiologist with OSU's Coastal Oregon Marine Experiment Station in Newport.