Lonny Lippsett, with additional reporting by Martin Burch This research was funded by the National Science Foundation's Chemical Oceanography Program, the WHOI Coastal Ocean Institute, the WHOI Ocean and Climate Change Institute, the WHOI Tropical Research Initiative, and the WHOI Arctic Research Initiative.
What does COI stand for?
COI stands for Coastal Ocean Institute (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COI
We have 147 other meanings of COI in our Acronym Attic
- Church of India (Columbia, MD)
- Church of Ireland
- Circle of Influence (marketing)
- Circles of Interest
- City of Industry (California)
- Class Of Interface
- Cloak of Invisibility (science fiction)
- Coalition of Itan (gaming guild)
- Coast Orbital Insertion (NASA)
- Coefficient of Inbreeding
- College of Informatics (various universities)
- Coloboma of Iris, Choroid, and Retina
- Comando Operativo Interforze (Italian: Operational Interforces Command)
- Comité Olimpico Internacional (Spanish: International Olympic Committee)
- Commencement of Injection (auto engine)
- Commission de l'Océan Indien (French: Indian Ocean Commission; various nations)
- Commission Océanographique Intergouvernementale (French: Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission; UNESCO)
- Commission of Integrity (Iraq)
- Committee on Information
Samples in periodicals archive:
With Irene only a few days away, the researchers received a small rapid-response grant from the WHOI Coastal Ocean Institute.
This research was funded by the National Science Foundation, with additional support from the Coastal Ocean Institute at WHOI.
Support was provided by the National Science Foundation, and by the Ocean Ventures Fund, Academic Programs Office, Deep Ocean Exploration Institute, and Coastal Ocean Institute, all at WHOI, and the IRIS-PASSCAL Program.
The research was funded by the National Science Foundation, the Risk Prediction Initiative, the National Geographic Society, the WHOI Coastal Ocean Institute, and the Andrew W.
Anderson is a senior scientist in the WHOI Biology Department and director of the WHOI Coastal Ocean Institute.
The young can't forage for themselves and are dependent on their mothers' milk for up to two years," said Ashjian, a biologist at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and fellow of the WHOI Coastal Ocean Institute.
Simmons received grants to pursue her research from the WHOI Ocean Life Institute, the WHOI Coastal Ocean Institute, and the WHO/Ocean Ventures Fund, which sponsors special projects by graduate students.