RELATED ARTICLE: An Update on Detention Organizing Various mobilizations have dealt with the scapegoating of immigrants on different levels, from weekly protests at the Brooklyn Metropolitan Detention Center and other actions organized by groups like Desis Rising Up and Moving, the Prison Moratorium Project, and the Coalition for the Human Rights of Immigrants, to the formation of the CUNY for All Coalition, which has been organizing against immigrant tuition hikes.
What does CHRI stand for?
CHRI stands for Coalition for the Human Rights of Immigrants
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHRI
We have 29 other meanings of CHRI in our Acronym Attic
- Compensatory Hypertrophic Renal Growth
- Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance
- Center for Human Rights and Global Justice
- Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital (Lexington, Kentucky)
- Centre Hospitalier Régional Hutois (Huy, Belgium)
- Camden Hills Regional High School (Rockport, ME)
- Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
- China Health Resource, Inc. (traditional Chinese medicine products)
- Christian Hits Radio, Inc. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Christiansted National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (UK)
- Comprehensive Human Rights Initiative
- Criminal History Record Information
- Committee for Health Rights in the Americas (San Francisco, CA)
- Criminal History Records Information Act (Pennsylvania)
- Chautauqua Home Rehabilitation and Improvement Corporation (Mayville, NY)
- Committee for Health Rights in Central America
- Council on Hotel, Restaurant & Institutional Education
- Consolidated Hazardous Material Reutilization and Inventory Management Program
- California Historical Resources Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scott, who is also an activist with the Coalition for the Human Rights of Immigrants, says when Baloch first entered the center, guards pushed him "from corner to corner of the cell.