One of my pet peeves is that agriculture methane is 'good,' but coal mine methane is 'bad,'" says Vessels "Because we 'hate' coal.
What does CMM stand for?
CMM stands for Coal Mine Methane
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMM
We have 319 other meanings of CMM in our Acronym Attic
- Ciment Métallurgique Mixte (French: Metallurgical Mixed Cement)
- Citrate Minimal Medium
- Civil and Mechanical Systems division (National Science Foundation)
- Civilian Manpower Management
- Classic Motor Monthly (Magazine)
- Claymore Mine
- Club Multisport de Mutigny (French: Multisport Club of Mutigny; Mutigny, France)
- Cluster Management Module (various companies)
- CNO (Chief of Naval Operations) Morning Meeting (US DoD)
- Coal Market Module (DOE, NEMS)
- Color Management Method
- Color Management Module
- Color Matching Module
- Comfrey, Marshmallow, Marigold (ointment)
- Commander of the Order of Military Merit (Canada)
- Commercial Maintenance Manual
- Commission for Marine Meteorology (WMO)
- Common Meta-Model (computing)
- Common Modular Missile
- Communauté Métropolitaine de Montréal
Samples in periodicals archive:
The HaiZhou coal mine is stage one of the 20-year coal mine methane utilization project and is expected to generate in excess of $100 million dollars over the lifetime of the project.
The bank has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with China's finance ministry for designing and developing a Clean Development Fund (CDF), where sales of credits for emission reductions, generated by projects such as coal mine methane reduction, will be used to support sustainable development projects, including the mining projects themselves.
Development of the company's UK coal mine methane properties was suspended in 2003 to await the report of a Department of Trade and Industry study into the negative environmental impact of coal mine methane emissions.
First, by using coal mine methane to power our DFC power plants, we're generating electricity cleanly and efficiently from a readily available domestic fuel source.
In addition, funding will be used to develop a coal mine methane project in North Staffordshire.