The hemolytic patterns and coagulase reaction with rabbit plasma were used to differentiate between Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase negative staphylococci (CNS), and the esculin hydrolysis and CAMP reaction were used to identify Streptococcus agalactiae and environmental streptococci.
What does CONS stand for?
CONS stands for Coagulase Negative Staphylococci
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CONS
We have 15 other meanings of CONS in our Acronym Attic
- Coordinadora Nacional para la Reduccion de Desastres (Guatemala)
- Concrete Research and Education Foundation (American Concrete Institute)
- Conditional Release Program
- Connected Replenishment
- Construction Representative
- Continuous Underway Replenishment (US DoD)
- Centre of National Research on Disability (University of Queensland; Australia)
- Comité National de la Recherche Scientifique (French: National Committee for Scientific Research)
- Carrier Operated Noise Suppression
- Church of the New Song (US prison religion)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most common cause of infections was a bacteria that lives on the skin called coagulase negative staphylococci.
All coagulase negative staphylococci were tested for antibiotic susceptibility against cefazolin (30 [micro]g), ciprofloxacin (5 [micro]g), moxifloxacin (5 [micro]g), norfloxacin (10 [micro]g), gentamicin (10 [micro]g), tobramycin (10 [micro]g), ofloxacin (5 [micro]g), and penicillin G (10 units) by Kirby bauer disc diffusion method (17).