2) Activated clotting time (ACT): This test is similar to the aPTT, and depends on factors that constitute the intrinsic pathway of coagulation.
What does CT stand for?
CT stands for Clotting Time (test of blood)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CT
We have 163 other meanings of CT in our Acronym Attic
- Clamp Terminal
- Classic Trilogy (Star Wars)
- Classroom Teacher
- Clear Trunk
- Client Task
- Clinical Terms
- Clinical Trial
- Clock Time
- Clock Tower (computer game)
- Clone Trooper (Star Wars)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We dealt with the preanalytical uncertainty added to patient results by the use of different kinds of blood tubes and instruments, variations in clotting time and centrifugal force, and delays in measurement.
1980) described a thrombin clotting assay performed in test tubes where the clotting time was measured by observing the formation of a fibrin thread.
The STA Staclot dRVV Screen utilizes a reagent with a low phospholipid concentration which enhances its sensitivity, resulting in a prolongation of the clotting time.
Silica clotting time (SCT) has been described as a specific and sensitive alternative to kaolin clotting time for detecting LA (6-9).