According to the new study conducted by researchers from the University of Utah, a bird from one breed may have huge foot feathers, while a closely related breed does not, yet two unrelated pigeon breeds both may have large foot feathers.
What does ALLO- stand for?
ALLO- stands for Closely Related (Prefix)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of ALLO- in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Lorry Loader Manufacturers and Importers (UK)
- Adult Literacy, Language and Numeracy (UK)
- Animal Love and Loss Network (Bozman, MD)
- N-Acetyl-Leucine Leucine Norleucinal (aka N-Acetyl-Leucinal-Leucinal-Norleucinal)
- All Navy (message to all Navy personnel)
- All Naval Stations
- Anterior Lateral Line Nerve Ganglion
- A Life Less Ordinary
- All Other (countries)
- Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Adaptive Limited Look-Ahead Optimization of Network Signals - Decentralized
- Allocation Request (US DoD)
- Alliance Operating System
- Aldo Leopold Leadership Program
- A Layman's List of Practical Auto Resources (website)
- Action Learning for Lifelong Professional Development (UK)
- Alliance for Parental Involvement in Education (East Chatham, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other evidence has pointed to dinosaurs being closely related to birds, but this is the first time sophisticated molecular sequencing techniques have been used to confirm the idea.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] For nearly 200 years, botanists have debated which plants are most closely related to rafflesias.
com delivers results that are broken down into popular sites (based on site traffic)and Websites that are most closely related to the search query.
The exposure remaining after the "carve-out" has one difference from traditional life exposures: The risk for each workers' comp policy is closely related to the business of the insured employer.
The debt must be closely related to the activity of a taxpayer's business or the taxpayer must have a predominant business reason for entering into the transaction as a creditor.
Closely related to this topic is the fine essay by Yael Zerubavel, "The Historic, The Legendary, and the Incredible: Invented Tradition and Collective Memory in Israel" on the intersection between history and legend as a particular genre of memory, and the role of "historical legend" in the early phase of shaping an Israeli national self-image.
Even more remarkable is the fact that it is most closely related to extinct species of Araucariaceae [a gnus of South American and Australian pines] found in the fossil record in southern Australia about 50 to 150 million years ago.