Drugs such as Diazepam and Clorazepate Dipotassium potentiate the effect of pain relievers by decreasing the patient's anxiety thus decreasing their perception of pain.
What does CLZ stand for?
CLZ stands for Clorazepate
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CLZ
We have 3 other meanings of CLZ in our Acronym Attic
- Crystal Lake Yacht Club (Michigan)
- Central London Youth Development (UK)
- Central Loudoun Youth Football League (Virginia)
- Canadian Lutheran Youth Gathering
- Chicano Latino Youth Leadership Project (California)
- Chabad Lubavitch Youth Organization
- City of Leeds Youth Orchestra (UK)
- Children Learning and Young People (Coventry, UK)
- Calabozo Airport (Venezula)
- Chailey Learning Zone (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Circuit in In re Lorazepam & Clorazepate Antitrust Litig.
Wilens generally opts for clonazepam or clorazepate for situations like breakthrough panic.
Clonazepam is useful for the chronic treatment of absence and myoclonic seizures and clorazepate is effective in partial seizures when used with other AEDs.
Among the more commonly used long half-life benzodiazepine drugs are: clonazepam (Klonopin), diazepam (T-Quil, Valium, Valrelease, Vazepam, Zetran), clorazepate (Gen-XENE, Tranxene-SD, Tranxene T-Tab), chlordiazepoxide (Librium, Libritabs, Lipoxide), and flurazepam (Dalmane).
In contrast, first-generation AEDs that do not appear to be associated with a significant risk of birth defects include the benzodiazepines (clonazepam [Klonopin], clorazepate [Tranxene], diazepam [Valium], and lorazepam [Ativan]) and succinimides (ethosuximide [Zarontin] and methsuximide [Celontin]).