Anyway, there I was, stopped at traffic lights, wearing the imaginary car cloak of invisibility and not only singing the main parts but the harmonies, too, in a slightly lower voice (slow down .
What does COI stand for?
COI stands for Cloak of Invisibility (science fiction)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of COI
We have 147 other meanings of COI in our Acronym Attic
- Chemicals of Interest (US DHS)
- Chief Of Implementation
- Chief of Initiatives
- Chief of Installation
- Church of India (Columbia, MD)
- Church of Ireland
- Circle of Influence (marketing)
- Circles of Interest
- City of Industry (California)
- Class Of Interface
- Coalition of Itan (gaming guild)
- Coast Orbital Insertion (NASA)
- Coastal Ocean Institute (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution)
- Coefficient of Inbreeding
- College of Informatics (various universities)
- Coloboma of Iris, Choroid, and Retina
- Comité Olimpico Internacional (Spanish: International Olympic Committee)
- Commencement of Injection (auto engine)
- Commission de l'Océan Indien (French: Indian Ocean Commission; various nations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Neptune moves direct on the 11th, removing his cloak of invisibility to show higher truths to those with eyes to see and hearts to believe.
Richie McCaw puts on his cloak of invisibility and no-one can see him and it's all part and parcel of the game.
This landmark legislation removes the cloak of invisibility that the federal government seems to have draped over the nonprofit sector.
The assessment, routinely shared with Leonhardt, indicated that the reviewer had been to two meetings in the previous months "in which John Pendry discussed his group's efforts on the same issue, calling it a cloaking device or their Hogwarts project in reference to the cloak of invisibility associated with the Harry Potter series.
The anonymity of the Internet can be like a cloak of invisibility, under which you can conceal some personal details about yourself while freely disclosing others.
Nanomaterials that could make ordinary objects vanish from sight have been unveiled for the first time, but don't order your cloak of invisibility just yet.
Because most nocturnal predators rely on their sense of smell to track down their prey this effectively makes the hedgehog disappear - a saliva cloak of invisibility.