It triggered the realization that we were in an entirely new era of planet Earth," said Will Steffen, head of Australian National University's Climate Change Institute.
What does CCI stand for?
CCI stands for Climate Change Institute (University of Maine)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CCI
We have 553 other meanings of CCI in our Acronym Attic
- Cinema City International (various locations)
- Circuit Components Inc.
- Citizens for Community Improvement (Iowa)
- Citrix Certified Instructor
- Citroën Club Indonesia (Indonesian automobile club)
- City Centre Initiative (Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland, UK; est. 2000)
- Classical Civilization Courses
- Clean City Initiative
- Clear Channel Incorporated
- Cleft-Children International (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Clinton Climate Initiative (William J. Clinton Foundation)
- Close Combat Instructor
- Co-Channel Interference
- Co-Counselling International (Ireland)
- Coalition for Community Integration (disabilities)
- Coastal Catchments Initiative
- Coca-Cola Içecek (Turkey)
- Code Consultants, Inc.
- Colegio Científico Integrado (Guatemala school)
- Coleman Cable, Inc. (Waukegan, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The folks there are doing amazing research, particularly within their Ocean and Climate Change Institute, through its North Atlantic/Arctic Climate Initiative.
The scientists include Jan Zalasiewicz and Mark Williams from the University of Leicester Department of Geology; Will Steffen, Director of the Australian National University's Climate Change Institute and Paul Crutzen the Nobel Prize-winning atmospheric chemist of Mainz University.
ANU Climate Change Institute Executive Director Professor Will Steffen believes that the more lenient targets of 450ppm will fail to limit global warming to 2[degrees]C but even these are unlikely to be achieved at the rate we're going.
The eight-storey building houses a climate change institute where experts will study how society should tackle environmental issues.
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, Ocean and Climate Change Institute.