In a 1940 article, someone at the Cleveland Public Library suggested that this may be the origin.
What does CPL stand for?
CPL stands for Cleveland Public Library
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CPL
We have 808 other meanings of CPL in our Acronym Attic
- Chelmsford Public Library (Chelmsford, MA)
- Chemistry and Physics Laboratory
- Chicago Public Library
- Child Protection Law (various locations)
- Cincinnati Public Library (Cincinnati, OH)
- Circular Polarizing Lens
- Circularly Polarized Light
- Civil Procedure Law (various organizations)
- Class Precedence List (LISP)
- Classical Propositional Logic (mathematics)
- Clinical Pathology Laboratories Inc.
- Closing Protection Letter (real estate)
- Coastal Plain League
- Codices Palatini Latini
- College of Physicians of London (UK)
- Color Position Light (railroads)
- Colorado Procedure–Laboratory (Colorado Department of Transportation)
- Combined Programming Language
- Command Priorities List
- Commercial Pilot License
Samples in periodicals archive:
She wrote a letter to Linda Eastman, Librarian (chief administrator) of the Cleveland Public Library (CPL) and long-time collegial friend, to ask her advice.
Her work follows in the tradition of Index to Negro Spirituals, prepared at the Cleveland Public Library in 1937 (rev.
Within the past seven years Chicago, San Antonio, Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Denver have constructed new central public libraries, the New York Public Library has opened a new Science, Business and Industry Library, the Cleveland Public Library has added a ten storey wing to its central library, and the County Central Library in Portland Oregon has undergone a major renovation.
Interview with Elmer Thompson, Cleveland Heritage Project, February 1981, Cleveland Public Library.