1), (2) Cleidocranial dysostosis presents similarly to pycnodysostosis, with persistent open fontanelles and cranial sutures; however, it always involves the clavicle (a bone only rarely affected in pycnodysostosis) (1) and does not result in overall increased bone density.
What does CLCD stand for?
CLCD stands for Cleidocranial Dysostosis
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CLCD
We have 1 other meaning of CLCD in our Acronym Attic
- Countesthorpe Leysland Community College (Leicester, UK)
- Combined Logistics Captains Career Course
- Child Labor Cocoa Coordinating Group (US DOL)
- Canada-Libya Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Ottawa, Canada)
- Canadian Lebanese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (Canada)
- Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Challenger Learning Center of Colorado Springs (Colorado)
- Center for Leadership, Citizenship and Democracy (University of the Philippines-Diliman)
- Centre for Learning, Change and Development (Murdoch University; Australia)
- Children's Literature Comprehensive Database
- Cleidocranial Dysplasia
- Contemporary Life Cycle Development
- Civic Learning and Community Engagement (San Diego State University; California)
- Clover Leaf Country Estates (South Africa)
- Common Logic Controlled English
- Complex Learning in Computer Environments (professional workshop)
- Chinese Language and Culture Education Foundation
- Cadillac Lasalle Club France (French automobile club)
- Canyon Land Conservation Fund
- Central Louisiana Community Foundation (est. 1999)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Werth, the victim suffered cleidocranial dysostosis syndrome, a congenital bone development disorder characterized by a hump on his back, "absent or incompletely-formed collar bones, an abnormally shaped skull, characteristic facial appearance, short stature, and dental abnormalities.