Reading further revealed that the heralded end to our role as provider of succour to presbyopes, is not quite as imminent as the headline might have suggested--although there is an undoubted increase in the number of multifocal IOLs being implanted and increasingly this is following elective clear lens extraction rather than as treatment for cataract.
What does CLE stand for?
CLE stands for Clear Lens Extraction (ophthalmic surgery)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CLE
We have 142 other meanings of CLE in our Acronym Attic
- Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Centre Linguistique pour Etrangers
- Centre Locaux d'Emploi (French: Local Job Center; Canada)
- Centro Logistico Europeo
- Certified Lactation Educator
- Certified Linux Engineer (computer programming)
- Chinese Language Education
- Chinese Linux Extension
- Christian Life Education (Philippines)
- Classical Literacy Exam
- Cleveland, OH, USA - Hopkins International Airport (Airport Code)
- Clinical Lab Expo (healthcare)
- Collaborative Learning Environment (various organizations)
- Collège Lycée Expérimental (French experimental school)
- Columnar-Lined Esophagus
- Command Launch Equipment
- Command Line Editor (computing)
- Commercial Landscape Estimator
- Commission Locale d'Environnement (French: Local Environment Committee)
- Common Learning Experience
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some people these days even have clear lens extraction or laser surgery to treat short-sightedness.
They begin with a history of refractive lens surgery, then discuss such topics as patient evaluation and counseling, clear lens extraction, pre-operative measurements and intraocular lens calculations, various types of intraocular lenses, polypseudophakia, future technology, the surgical management of astigmatism, reimbursement, and economics.