The DOD-required assets prompted the establishment of National Guard CBRNE response units such as civil support teams and CCMRFs.
What does CST stand for?
CST stands for Civil Support Team
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CST
We have 570 other meanings of CST in our Acronym Attic
- Chennai Softech (India)
- Chern-Simons Theory (physics)
- Chicago Sun-Times (newspaper)
- Child Sex Tourism
- Child Study Team
- China Standard Time (time zone)
- Chinese Society of Traumatology
- Church of Spiritual Technology (Scientology)
- Circular Strength Training (fitness)
- Civil Society Team (World Bank)
- Clan Spéléo des Troglodytes (French spelunking club)
- Clean Seas Tuna Ltd. (Australia)
- Client Server Technology (various locations)
- Client Service Team
- Client Systems Technician
- Clifton Scientific Trust (Bristol, UK)
- Club de Sauvetage Toulousain (French rescue club)
- Club Subaquatique Tarbais (French diving club)
- Coal-fired Steam Turbine (energy)
- Coastal Survey Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
The authors also encouraged local and state health departments to link with response partners such as the Civil Support Team of the National Guard and the Federal Emergency Management Agency for expertise in responding to radiation.
Then a National Guard weapons of mass destruction civil support team must be called in to ensure the tunnel was not used to bring in something more nefarious than drugs.
Armstrong of the 1st Civil Support Team Massachusetts National Guard; and several nephews and nieces.
Mrs Langley, who works as a cleaner at Churchtown Primary School in Southport, and her husband, were also joined by Virgin Rail management and members of the Lancashire Civil Support Team, who assisted during the crash's aftermath.
GAO-06-498 May 31, 2006 To prepare for potential attacks in the United States involving weapons of mass destruction (WMD), Congress approved the development of National Guard Civil Support Teams (CST) tasked to identify chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, or high-yield explosive weapons; assess consequences; advise civil authorities on response measures; and assist with requests for additional support.
The Department of Defense has certified two additional Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Teams (WMD-CSTs), bringing the total number of certified teams to 36.