Grayson modernized the Office of the Secretary of State by bringing more services online, enhancing Kentucky's election laws through several legislative packages and reviving the civic mission of schools in Kentucky by leading the effort to restore civics education in the classroom.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Civic Mission of Schools
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Church Management System
- Church Membership Software
- Church Mission Society (UK)
- Church Missionary Society (Australia)
- Cinema and Media Studies
- Circuit Maintenance System
- Circuit Multiplication System (ITU-T)
- Circulation Motor Sensory (medical exam/check)
- Circulation, Motion, Sensation
- City Magnet School (various locations)
- Civil and Mechanical Systems (division of NSF)
- Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (California)
- Classic Motorcycle Supplies
- Classified Material Storage
- Clay Middle School
- Clay Minerals Society
- Clayman Management Services
- Clearance Management System (US Army)
- ClearCube Management Suite (ClearCube Technology)
- Client Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
He has served as Executive Committee chair of the Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools and in other advocacy roles.
A new report, "The Civic Mission of Schools," a joint project of the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE) and the Carnegie Corporation of New York, contends that young people are not interested in voting, the most minimal measure of participatory democracy.
It is reprinted with permission front the Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools.
Consider the findings summarized in an excellent recent report, The Civic Mission of Schools, issued by the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement: * Formal instruction in the key elements of American history and the nation's governmental structure and processes is a crucial building block of civic education.