I WAS really pleased to read of the attention my Citizens Advice Bureau colleagues in Newcastle are drawing to the problem of legal aid cuts for clients with debt or benefits issues, and the impact that will have on Citizens Advice Bureaux across the North, in your article ("Cuts to legal aid advice 'frightening'", The Journal March 13).
What does CABX stand for?
CABX stands for Citizens Advice Bureaux (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Capilla Alfonsina Biblioteca Universitaria (Spanish: Capilla Alfonsina University Library; Mexico City)
- Calgary Area Baseball Umpires Association (Canada)
- Citizens' Association to Blow Up the Moon (website)
- Centre Associatif Boris Vian (Vénissieux, France)
- Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (Cincinnati, OH)
- Carbon Arc Braze Welding
- Chartered Accountants for Business in Wales (UK)
- Constant Absolute Bandwidth (microwave)
- Chemical & Biological Warfare Intelligence Course (Joint Military Intelligence Training Center)
- Cucurbit Aphid-Borne Yellows Virus (plant disease)
- Cabinet Assistance Conseils (French career counseling company)
- CableAmerica Corporation
- Cadet Advisory Council
- Cairo American College (Egypt)
- Calculated Age at Commencement (UK criminal system; mainly prison & probation services)
- California Acupuncture College
- California Administrative Code
- California Apple Commission
- California Arts Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
But that doesn't include the more than 3500 people who contacted Citizens Advice Bureaux about second-hand cars between April and June.
Chief executive of Kirklees CAB, Mark Lacey, said: "As a result of the many recent reforms and cuts to services, as well as the biggest shake-up of welfare benefits for decades, there is a huge demand for the advice and policy influence Citizens Advice Bureaux staff and volunteers provide.
Citizens Advice Bureaux are reporting a sharp rise in the number of serious debt problems being brought to them.
I AM writing on behalf of the National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux to encourage your readers to step forward and volunteer for their local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Paul Allen, regional manager at the national association of citizens advice bureaux, said: ``The volunteers are the life blood of the service and many stay with us for years, others, understandably, move into paid work, quite often within the CAB Service'' No formal qualifications are needed to become a volunteer.
Nearly a quarter of people who asked Citizens Advice Bureaux for help had struggled with serious debt problems for up to two years before seeking expert help.