Masako Sawai of Citizens' Nuclear Information Center said, "In Japan, nobody exactly knows workers' conditions at nuclear facilities.
What does CNIC stand for?
CNIC stands for Citizens' Nuclear Information Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CNIC
We have 27 other meanings of CNIC in our Acronym Attic
- Centre Nacional d'Informatica d'Andorra (Catalan: National Computer Center of Andorra)
- Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Agropecuarias (Peru, Argentina, Colombia, Dominica, San Salvador)
- Chia Nan Irrigation Association (Taiwan)
- Collectif National des Infirmières Anesthésistes
- Critical National Infrastructure Authority (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
- Conseil National de l'Insertion par l'Activité Économique (French: National Economic Activity Integration Council)
- Carsten Niebuhr Institute of Ancient Near Eastern Studies (book publisher)
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Confédération Nationale des Industries du Bois (French: National Confederation of Woodworking Industries)
- Centro Nacional de Ivestigaciones Cientificas (Cuba)
- Coast National Insurance Company (California)
- Commander, Naval Installation Command
- Commander, Naval Intelligence Center
- Commander, Naval Intelligence Command
- Computational Neurobiology and Imaging Center (New York)
- Computer Network Information Center (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Computerized National Identity Card (Pakistan)
- Conference on Neural Interface and Control
- Congress of Italian Canadians
- Canadian Network for an International Criminal Court
Samples in periodicals archive:
The government should have conducted the tests much earlier," the paper quoted Michiaki Furukawa of the nonprofit Citizens' Nuclear Information Center, a noted antinuclear group based in Tokyo, as saying.
Masako Sawai of the Citizens' Nuclear Information Center, said, ''It has not been shown on what ground or reasons 20 millisieverts per year was set and no account has also been given on what impact children may have to face.
Other NGOs involved in the event, which is expected to draw several thousand participants, include Greenpeace Japan and the Citizens' Nuclear Information Center.
Meanwhile, Philip White, international liaison officer of Citizens' Nuclear Information Center, said limiting the parameters for nuclear weapons use should be the priority over the target number for existing nuclear warheads as doing so could influence the outcome of the United States' new nuclear posture review which is scheduled to be released by the end of this year.
The Japan Federation of Bar Associations and groups such as the Citizens' Nuclear Information Center and Greenpeace Japan have called on the ministry to review the limit, saying it is not safe enough to protect students' health.
Among the groups are the Japan Congress Against A and H Bombs (Gensuikin) and the Citizens' Nuclear Information Center.
Philip White is the International Liaison Officer of the Tokyo-based Citizens' Nuclear Information Center.