In order to deliver cisplatin specifically to tumour cells and to reduce damage to the kidneys, the researchers packaged the drug in nano- particles, which are 600 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair.
What does CDDP stand for?
CDDP stands for Cisplatin (cancer drug)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CDDP
We have 9 other meanings of CDDP in our Acronym Attic
- Cumbria Digital Development Network (Cumbria, England, UK)
- Community Developmental Disability Organization (Kansas)
- Centcom Deployment Distribution Operations Center
- Cataloging Distribution Data Processing
- Center for Development of Disadvantaged People (India)
- Centre Départemental de Documentation Pédagogique (French: Departmental Center for Educational Documentation)
- Certified Demand Driven Planner (Demand Driven Institute)
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
- Chronic Dysimmune Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Cis-Dichloro-Diamine-Platinum (aka Cis-Diamine-Dichloro-Platinum)
- Command Deployment Discipline Program (US Army)
- Composite Dansen Droplet Pills (angina treatment)
- Continue Directe Democratie Partij (Dutch: Continuous Direct Democracy Party)
- Colorado Developmental Disabilities Planning Council
- County Durham and Darlington Priority Services (UK)
- Career Decision-Making Difficulties Questionnaire
- Cable-Direct-Driven Robot
- Comprehensive Directory of Disability Resources
- Contract Data Description Report
- Coordinated Design Data Required
Samples in periodicals archive:
In further experimentation, the researchers pretreated ovarian cancer cells with DIM, followed by the administration of cisplatin for 24 hours.
When researchers added a curcumin-based compound, called FLLL32, to head and neck cancer cell lines, they were able to cut the dose of the chemotherapy drug cisplatin by four while still killing tumor cells equally as well as the higher dose of cisplatin without FLLL32.
Its in vivo effects were also studied in BALB/c mice inoculated with CT-26 colon adenocarcinoma cells and treated with cisplatin with or without RVS.
The researchers then tested the speed with which cisplatin caused the release.
Likewise, the systemic use of cisplatin for its antitumor activity can cause significant hearing loss.