Throughout her years with the London Missionary Society (LMS), Shaw was a featured speaker at mission events; and even after she transferred to the Church Missionary Society (CMS) in 1942, she wielded a degree of authority that few women in the Anglican community were able to attain.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Church Missionary Society (Australia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Chief of the Maritime Staff (Canadian Forces)
- Children's Medical Services
- Chinese Mathematical Society
- Chip Management System
- Christian Missionary School
- Christians in the Mathematical Sciences (Judson University Christian College; Illinois)
- Church Management Software
- Church Management System
- Church Membership Software
- Church Mission Society (UK)
- Cinema and Media Studies
- Circuit Maintenance System
- Circuit Multiplication System (ITU-T)
- Circulation Motor Sensory (medical exam/check)
- Circulation, Motion, Sensation
- City Magnet School (various locations)
- Civic Mission of Schools
- Civil and Mechanical Systems (division of NSF)
- Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (California)
- Classic Motorcycle Supplies
Samples in periodicals archive:
She is a former office worker, Wren and teacher and spent time abroad in Nigeria with the Church Missionary Society.
The former St George's schoolgirl helped Birmingham's Church Missionary Society, St Stephen's Day Centre, in Stirchley and used to visit the elderly, even when she was in her late 80s.
These letters, from the family sent to New Zealand by the Church Missionary Society in 1822, give readers such an insight.
It was 'the Church principle, not the high-Church principle' (3) that governed the Church Missionary Society and from its inception it emphasised the role of laymen and women in the missionary enterprise.
A coffee morning to raise funds for the Church Missionary Society is to be held at All Saints' Church hall from 10.
One of the strengths of Cox's work is his attempt to explain the rise of the missionary presence in northwest India, mainly focusing on the Church of England's Church Missionary Society, the American Presbyterian Mission, and smaller Protestant missions.
He was one of the pioneers of the Church Missionary Society which carries on his work in Egypt and Sudan today.