The HF-3, manufactured by the defence ministry s Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (CSIST), is claimed to be Taiwan s most potent weapon against the People s Liberation Army Navy s (PLAN s) aircraft carrier.
What does CSIST stand for?
CSIST stands for Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (Taiwan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of CSIST in our Acronym Attic
- China Shipping International Shipmanagement Co., Ltd.
- Cedars-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders (Los Angeles, CA)
- College Station Independent School District (Texas)
- Cardiac Safety in Schizophrenia Group (multi-disciplinary panel)
- COMSEC Supplement to the Industrial Security Manual
- Centre for the Study of Invention and Social Process (UK)
- Cyber Security Information Sharing Project
- Center for Spatial Information Science and Systems (George Mason University)
- Center for Spatially Integrated Social Science
- Chemical Safety Information, Site Security and Fuels Regulatory Relief Act
- Center for Spirituality and Integral Social Work (National Catholic School of Social Service)
- Channel State Information at the Transmitter
- Combat System Integration Testing
- Combat System Interactive Trainer
- Combat System Interface Test
- Committee on Social Implications of Technology (IEEE)
- Computational Science and Information Technology (various organizations)
- Computer Science Information Technology
- Coral Sea Islands Territory (Australia)
- Corporate Services Information Technology (various companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The missile is capable of intercepting short-range ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and fighter jets," a senior official in charge of the missile project at Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology, the island's arms development hub, told Agence France-Presse.
The report in the Taipei-based China Times said that the "Yun Feng" (Cloud Peak) missile has been developed by the state-run Chung-shan Institute of Science and Technology and each has a range of over 1,000 kilometres.
Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (CSIST)
TARC has four founding members: the Mechanical and System Research Laboratories (MSL) of the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), the Automotive Research and Testing Center (ARTC), the Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (CSIST), and the Metal Industries Research and Development Center (MIRDC).
head of the solid state electronic device department at Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology and Associate Professor at the Institute of Applied Physics, Chung-Yuan University.
Members of the delegation came from the Economic Ministry's Department of Industrial Technology, Industrial Development Bureau, and Energy Bureau, as well as government-sponsored research organizations such as the Industrial Technology Research Institute, Automotive Research & Testing Center, Metal Industries Research and Development Center, and Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology.
TARC has five main members: ARTC, the Mechanical and System Research Laboratories (MS) of the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), the Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (CSIST), the Metal Industries Research and Development Center (MIRDC), and the Hua-chuang Automobile Information Technical Center Co.