Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (allo SCT) for chronic myeloid leukemia in the imatinib era: evaluation of its impact within a subgroup of the randomized German CML Study IV.
What does CML stand for?
CML stands for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CML
We have 351 other meanings of CML in our Acronym Attic
- Center for Media Literacy
- Central Michigan Lumber Company (Kawkawlin, Michigan)
- Centrální Mozek Lidstva
- Centrum voor Milieuwetenschappen (Dutch: Leiden University Institute of Environmental Sciences)
- Certified Master Locksmith
- Charente Motos Loisirs (French motorcycle dealer)
- Chelidonium Majus L (plant)
- Chemical Markup Language
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Chronische Myeloische Leukaemie (German: Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia)
- CIBC Mortgages and Lending (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Citizens for Maryland Libraries
- Civil Military Liaison (various locations)
- Classical Music Library (database)
- Classroom Media Library
- Client-Modify Log
- Club Modéliste Longueillois (French model ship club)
- Club Mouche Lozérien (French fly fishing club)
- Club Municipal de Loisirs (French: Municipal Recreation Club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1-5) Review of the literature reveals that some patients developed chronic myeloid leukemia after undergoing a thymectomy and receiving immunosuppressants as treatment for myasthenia gravis disease.
The event focused in particular on two forms of the disorder A[degrees] Myelofibrosis and Chronic Myeloid Leukemia A[degrees] which are often identiA[degrees] fied by enlargement of the spleen or liver, unexpected bruising, easy bleeding, bone pain, fatigue and weakness.
The market was dominated by chronic myeloid leukemia in 2010.
Chronic myeloid leukemia sufferers in the Gulf are set to benefit from new inroads made in global research and treatment of one of leukemia's most common forms.
The results of a recent study confirm imatinib mesylate as the standard initial treatment for chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and a prototype of targeted chemotherapy.
Other potential indications include treatment of Philadelphia chromosome--positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia and lymphoid-blast chronic myeloid leukemia in patients who did not respond to or could not tolerate prior therapy with imatinib (marketed by Novartis as Gleevec).
In the past few years, the breakthrough drug imatinib has changed chronic myeloid leukemia from a death sentence to a treatable disease.