The drug, omalizumab, was tested on 323 people at 55 medical centers for whom standard antihistamine therapy failed to quell their underlying, allergy-like reaction, known as chronic idiopathic urticaria or chronic spontaneous urticaria.
What does CIU stand for?
CIU stands for Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CIU
We have 84 other meanings of CIU in our Acronym Attic
- Care Initiation Unit (various organizations)
- Categorical Industrial User (industrial wastewater discharge and pretreatment)
- Cell Interface Unit
- Center for International Understanding
- Central Injection Unit
- Central Interface Unit
- Central Interpretation Unit (UK)
- Centralized Intake Unit
- Centre d'Information sur l'Urbanisme (French: Urban Planning Information Center)
- Channel Interface Unit
- Client Interface Unit (connecting an antenna control unit to a host's control unit)
- Clinical Investigation Unit
- Club International Universitaire (French: International University Club; various locations)
- Cockpit Interface Unit
- Collective Investment Undertaking
- College Information Unit
- Columbia International University
- Comitato Italiano per l'Unicef (Italian)
- Communications Intelligence Unit (various locations)
- Communications Interface Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nearly half of all patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria have Axis I psychiatric diagnoses and 45% have Axis II diagnoses, a new study shows.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved XYZAL(R) (levocetirizine dihydrochloride), a new once-daily prescription antihistamine that delivers a rapid and long-lasting effect for the relief of symptoms associated with seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis and uncomplicated skin manifestations of chronic idiopathic urticaria in adults and children six years of age and older.
It is also indicated for the symptomatic relief of pruritus and the reduction in the number of hives, and size of hives, in patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria.
Allegra (fexofenadine, Aventis) A nonsedating antihistamine for uncomplicated skin manifestations of chronic idiopathic urticaria in children and adults aged 6 years and older.