SAN FRANCISCO, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seniors will learn how to stay healthy and active to reduce the risk factors that contribute to heart disease, depression, high blood pressure and diabetes through a new chronic disease self-management program offered by Self-Help for the Elderly, supported by a grant from the Verizon Foundation.
What does CDSMP stand for?
CDSMP stands for Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Certified Demand-Side Management Professional
- Circular Disk of Scatterers Model
- Cold Drawn Seamless Mechanical (steel)
- Colorado Denver South Mission
- Combat Development Support Manager
- Commissionaires Distinguished Service Medal (Canadian Corps of Commissionaires)
- Cross Domain Security Methodology (data protection)
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Course
- Community and Disability Services Ministers' Conference (Australia)
- Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission (California)
- Carl Duisberg Society Nepal (est. 1971)
- Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing (degree)
- China Digital Seismograph Network
- Churchill Downs Simulcast Network
- Conservation District of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
- Consumer-Driven Supply Network (Procter & Gamble)
- Corneodesmosin (gene)
- Crohn's Disease Support Network (est. 2009)
- CALS Digital Standards Office
- Chief Drug Strategy Officer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Programs range from the internationally renowned and standardized Stanford Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (a six-week, group-based course for all chronic conditions), (13) to disease-specific and/or locally responsive programs, for example one engaging Aboriginal elders to assist in leading programs.
An online chronic disease self-management program will be available shortly.
Kate Lorig of Stanford University, who will receive the Jack Ossofsky Award for the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP), which epitomizes the achievement of taking a creative, new idea and developing it into a successful program, service, or policy that helps older people achieve vital aging.
PHOENIX -- SCAN Health Plan Arizona was selected by the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and the Arizona Living Well Institute (the Institute) to participate in a facilitator training for Stanford University's Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) along with seven other organizations across the state.
Better Choices, Better Health[R] (BCBH), the online and small group Chronic Disease Self-Management Program developed by Stanford University, is a six-week workshop designed to help individuals with chronic conditions--such as arthritis, diabetes, and heart disease--better manage their health.
Additionally, AoA will collaborate with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to develop a pilot test in one state as a quality assurance process that will track Medicare claims data of chronic disease self-management program participants and Medicare beneficiaries not participating in the program.
Chronic Disease Self-Management Program - The departments of Aging and Health will implement and expand a $1.