The school was built in the grounds of a former Christian missionary school, which was established by Archibald Shaw in 1905.
What does CMS stand for?
CMS stands for Christian Missionary School
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMS
We have 1152 other meanings of CMS in our Acronym Attic
- Chemical Management System
- Chemistry and Materials Science
- Chicago Manual of Style (reference manual)
- Chicago Medical School
- Chief Marine Surveyor
- Chief Master Sergeant (US Air Force; usually seen as CMSgt)
- Chief of the Maritime Staff (Canadian Forces)
- Children's Medical Services
- Chinese Mathematical Society
- Chip Management System
- Christians in the Mathematical Sciences (Judson University Christian College; Illinois)
- Church Management Software
- Church Management System
- Church Membership Software
- Church Mission Society (UK)
- Church Missionary Society (Australia)
- Cinema and Media Studies
- Circuit Maintenance System
- Circuit Multiplication System (ITU-T)
- Circulation Motor Sensory (medical exam/check)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At least seven people killed in police clashes after thousands of Muslim protesters set fire to a Christian missionary school and government buildings in two Kashmiri districts after reports that copies of the Koran, the Muslim holy book had been damaged in the United States.
Summary: A Muslim student attending a Christian missionary school in India has been denied the right to sport a beard after India's Supreme Court rejected his plea to observe the religious practice on A Muslim student attending a Christian missionary school in India has been denied the right to sport a beard after India's Supreme Court rejected his plea to observe the religious practice on the grounds that it threatens secularism in India, local press reported.
Police said the woman was walking near a Christian missionary school and a military checkpoint when explosives strapped to her body went off, killing her instantly.
Christian missionary schools teach the national curriculum (which is not influenced by religion) and include a special component for Christians.
Growing up in China, she received a classical education, an unusual occurrence for girls; World War II forced her removal to the Chinese countryside to attend high school in Christian missionary schools.