Jean Dere's article "Born Lucky: The Story of Laura Lai" reveals little-known but very interesting facets of the life of Laura Lai, the spouse of Him Mark Lai, whose contributions to the study of Chinese Americans were innumerable and remarkable, and to whom the Chinese Historical Society of America owes a great deal of gratitude for his constant support.
What does CHSA stand for?
CHSA stands for Chinese Historical Society of America
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHSA
We have 61 other meanings of CHSA in our Acronym Attic
- Certified Healthcare Safety-Environmental Services (International Board for Certification of Safety Managers)
- Certified Healthcare Safety-Long Term Care (International Board for Certification of Safety Managers)
- Chronic Hyperplastic Sinusitis with Nasal Polyposis
- Chediak-Higashi Syndrome 1
- Chitin Synthase 1 (gene)
- Chitin Synthase 2 Gene
- Cambridge-Harvard Summer Academy
- Canada Health Spending Account (health insurance; Canada)
- Chest, Heart and Stroke Association (UK)
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Christleton High School Association
- Congressional Hispanic Staff Association
- Crimson Harvard Summer Academy
- Catholic High Schools Athletic Association
- Colorado High School Activities Association
- Compton High School Alumni Association
- Community Health Services Advisory Committee (Minnesota)
- County Human Services Advisory Council (New Jersey)
- Clinically Healthy Subjects Adapted to Living in Antarctica
- Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thus Judy Yung works with the Chinese Historical Society of America to produce SAN FRANCISCO'S CHINATOWN (0738531308), providing a historian and Chinatown native's insider's account of neighborhood history and figures; or Bernadette C.
San Francisco: Chinese Historical Society of America & Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco.
htm; Chinese Historical Society of America, http://Remembering1882.
In 1985, the Chinese Historical Society of America (CHSA) appointed Him Mark Lai, Fayette Taylor, and Judy Yung to serve on an editorial board assisting CHSA Bulletin editor Annie Soo.
It was thirty years ago that the Chinese Historical Society of America sponsored the first Chinese American conference in the nation.
Choy and Him Mark Lai, lifetime members and leaders of the Chinese Historical Society of America and Adjunct Professors in the Asian American Studies Department at San Francisco State University.
As president of the Chinese Historical Society of America (CHSA) during the Civil Rights era, Choy sensed a growing interest and demand for Chinese American history to be taught in schools and universities.