1998) developed Super- CHO cell line (from Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) parent cell line) which expressed recombinant IGF-I that renders the cells to grow indifinitely in protein and/or serum-free media.
What does CHO stand for?
CHO stands for Chinese Hamster Ovary
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CHO
We have 76 other meanings of CHO in our Acronym Attic
- Carbohydrate (chemical formula Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen)
- Centre Hospitalier d'Orsay (French: Orsay Hospital Center; Orsay, France)
- Certified Hotel Owner (certification)
- Charlottesville, VA, USA - Charlottesville/Albemarle (Airport Code)
- Chemical Hygiene Officer
- Chief Happiness Officer (work happiness expert)
- Chief Health Officer (corporate title)
- Chief Household Officer
- Chief Humanitarian Officer
- Children's Hospital of Oklahoma
- Chuan Hup Offshore
- Club Hématopoïèse et Oncogenèse (French: Hematopoiesis and Oncogenesis Club; French Society of Hematology)
- CMOS Harmonic Oscillator
- Community Health Officer
- Community Health Organization
- Community Health Outreach (various locations)
- Community Hospital of Ottawa (Illinois)
- Continuous Hours of Operation (software testing)
- Cultural Heritage Object
- Chinese Hamster Ovary Cells Overexpressing Human Insulin Receptor
Samples in periodicals archive:
The DNA for Cricetulus griseus (Chinese hamster) was obtained from Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells in the laboratory of Dr.
For instance, the oligosaccharides at Asn-289 of recombinant human plasminogen expressed in both Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) and Mamestra brassicae cell lines have been compared with human serum plasminogen.
AutovaxID is suitable for growing antibody-secreting cell lines, including hybridomas and Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells which are currently the back bone of commercial therapeutic protein manufacture.
2004) demonstrated, in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell lines stably transfected with the human NIS gene, that the relative potency of perchlorate on RAIU inhibition was 15, 30, and 240 times that of thiocyanate, iodide, and nitrate, respectively.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA) has patented two distinct scavenger receptor type proteins having high affinity for modified lipoproteins and other ligands, including HaSR-BI, an AcLDL and LDL binding scavenger receptor, which is distinct from the type I and type II macrophage scavenger receptors, and DNA encoding the receptor cloned from a variant of Chinese Hamster Ovary Cells, designated Var-261, and dSR-CI, a non-mammalian AcLDL binding scavenger receptor having high ligand affinity and broad specificity, isolated from Drosophila melanogaster.