The question was, could the Chile Pepper Institute establish the benchmark for chili heat?
What does CPI stand for?
CPI stands for Chile Pepper Institute (New Mexico State University)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CPI
We have 586 other meanings of CPI in our Acronym Attic
- Certified Plumbing Inspector
- Certified Postsecondary Instructor (National Center for Competency Testing)
- Certified Professional Installer
- Certified Professional Instructor (National Instruments Corporation)
- Certified Property Inspector
- Characters Per Inch
- Chemical and Petroleum Industry
- Chemical Patents Index
- Chemical Process Industries
- Child Protective Investigator
- China Philatelic Information (Chinese stamp authority)
- China Policy Institute (UK)
- Chip Package Interaction
- Choeur Philharmonique International (French: International Philharmonic Choir)
- Chronic Public Inebriate
- Church Planting Initiative (UK)
- Church Publishing Incorporated
- Cisco Product Identification (software)
- Citigroup Property Investors
- Civilian Personnel Instructions
Samples in periodicals archive:
The main ingredient is Bhut Jolokia chile peppers, certified by the Chile Pepper Institute and confirmed by the Guinness Book of World Records as the hottest peppers on earth.
Chile is not just a Southwestern plant," said Paul Bosland, director of the Chile Pepper Institute.