The youngsters, from Preston Primary School in Eaglescliffe, asked lots of questions as they toured the International Power-GDF Suez owned Teesside Power Station and Sembcorp's Biomass Power Station The 25 pupils and three teachers were split into two groups to tour the different plants on a visit to learn how electricity is made, organised as part of the Children Challenging Industry initiative.
What does CCI stand for?
CCI stands for Children Challenging Industry
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CCI
We have 551 other meanings of CCI in our Acronym Attic
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Chambers of Commerce of Ireland
- Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie (France)
- Chambre de Commerce et Industrie
- Chambre de Commerce Internationale (French: International Chamber of Commerce)
- Channel Covariance Information
- Charge Contrast Imaging
- Cheshil Consultants, Inc.
- Chess Collectors International
- Chiari Connection International
- Children's Camps International
- Chinese Christian Internet Mission
- Chlorophyll Content Index (biology)
- Christian Camping International
- Christian Challenge International (Pineville, LA)
- Chronic Care Initiative (various locations)
- Chronic Constriction Injury
- Chronic Coronary Insufficiency
- Chronic Critical Illness
- Church Careers Institute (Centenary College)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The event raises funds for Children Challenging Industry, NEPIC's education programme aimed at enthusing young people about science and mathematics subjects.
The school is working with Chemicals Northwest for a Children Challenging Industry project which challenges children's perceptions about the chemical industry
The Children Challenging Industry project aims to show 8- 11-year-olds and their teachers experiments that prove chemistry has the "wow factor".
One such programme is Children Challenging Industry which aims to make science more interesting for children and enables them to see how the science they learn at school can be used in a career.
Delegates included Michele Smale, of the Children Challenging Industry scheme.
Sembcorp, along with other process industry companies in the area, is a keen supporter of the Children Challenging Industry initiative and site tours give inquisitive 9-11 year olds a simple understanding of where electricity comes from.
NEPIC and its members run several science education and industry familiarisation activities such as the Children Challenging Industry (CCI) and Primary Science Enhancement programmes.