RAWALPINDI -- Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said on Wednesday that regardless of the advances in warfare technology, the basic traits of soldiering are as important as ever, with physical fitness being one of the most important.
What does COAS stand for?
COAS stands for Chief of Army Staff
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COAS
We have 17 other meanings of COAS in our Acronym Attic
- Creative Opportunities and Reality Expressions
- Central Ohio Amateur Radio Emergency Service
- Colorado Army National Guard
- Confessions of a Recovering Pharisee (religious blog)
- Command On-Line Accounting & Reporting System
- Creating Options Aimed At Reducung Sexual Exploitation
- Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere Radiative Transfer (online calculation tool; NASA Langley Research Center; Hampton, VA)
- Caldera OpenLinux Administration Software
- Certificate of Academic Standing (BPP Law School; UK)
- Certificate of Account Status (Texas)
- Children of Alcoholics
- City of Angels School (Los Angeles, CA)
- Clinical Observations Access Service
- Coarse/Crew Optical Alignment Sight
- College of Art and Sciences
- College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences (Oregon State University)
- Complete Ophthalmic Analysis System
- Condition and Operation Advisory System
- Confessions of A Shopaholic (movie)
- Congregational Order of the Avenging Saviour
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rawalpindi -- Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Lahore, to preside over the prize distribution of Pakistan Army PACES Competition.
The minister's personal secretary on November 15 2007 wrote to the Army chief's secretariat to put up the matter to the Chief of Army Staff for EoACAyappropriate' action.
ISLAMABAD, December 18, 2011 (Balochistan Times): The media especially some private TV channels telecasted the news item in wrong context that Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani called President Zardari to inquire about his health.
RAWALPINDI, October 21, 2011 (Frontier Star): The 67th Formation Commanders Conference chaired by Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, commenced at General Headquarters here on Thursday.
According to a press release, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani welcomed the parliamentarians to the GHQ.
RAWALPINDI, June 17, 2011 (Balochistan Times): Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Thursday again made it clear that Pakistan army is one of the best armies of the world, adding people of Pakistan would not hesitate to render every sacrifice for the sake of country to eliminate militancy tooth and nail.