We are deeply saddened by what has happened today," said Jeff Forbes, the chief nuclear officer of the power plant's parent Entergy Corp.
What does CNO stand for?
CNO stands for Chief Nuclear Officer (nuclear facility operation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CNO
We have 66 other meanings of CNO in our Acronym Attic
- Commander Naval Network Warfare Command
- Charity Network of New York City
- Chongqing New North Zone (development zone; China)
- Cancéropôle Nord-Ouest (French cancer prevention project)
- Cashew Nut Oil
- Centre Néphrologique d'Occitanie (French nephrology center)
- Cercle des Nageurs de l'Ouest (French swim club)
- Certificate of No Overlap (Philippines)
- Chambre Nationale des Ostéopathes (French: National Chamber of Osteopaths)
- Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Chief of Naval Operations
- Christian in Name Only
- Clean, Neat, Organized
- Club Nautique de l'Ouest (French: Nautical Club of the West)
- Coconut Oil
- Collaborative Networked Organization (virtual enterprise)
- Collège National d'Occlusodontologie (French: National College of Occlusodontology)
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- Com/Net/Org (GTLDs)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Randy Edington, chief nuclear officer, said: "Our security staff acted cautiously and appropriately.
said Friday it will assign Ichiro Takekuro, executive vice president and chief nuclear officer, to its Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear power station in Niigata Prefecture, effective Monday with no fixed term.
Chief executive Bill Coley said it would be "totally incorrect" to assume that chief nuclear officer Roy Anderson was departing the company because of continuing unreliability of reactors at its Hinkley Point and Hunterston sites.
His previous roles have included chief nuclear officer of the Florida Power Corporation.