Gomes had previously been chief law enforcement officer for the Nevada Gaming Control Board, and has said that he was the inspiration for a character in the 1995 Martin Scorsese film<em> Casino</em>.
What does CLEO stand for?
CLEO stands for Chief Law Enforcement Officer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CLEO
We have 25 other meanings of CLEO in our Acronym Attic
- Centre for Languages, English and Media in Education (UK)
- Centre de Liaison de l'Enseignement et des Médias d'Information (French: Liaison Center for Education and Media Information)
- Courts and Law Enforcement Management Information System (Oakland County, MI)
- Carbon Labeling Experiment Markup Language
- Colorado Laboratory for Environmental Mass Spectrometry (National Renewable Energy Laboratory)
- Computerized Limb Volume Measurement System (orthopaedics)
- Continuing Library Education Network and Exchange
- Continuing Library Education Network and Exchange Round Table
- Center in Law, Economics and Organization
- Centrum voor Landbouw-Economisch Onderzoek (Dutch: Center for Agriculture-Economic Research)
- Chief Local Elected Official (various locations)
- Classified Energy Online
- Clear Language for Expressing Orders (computer language)
- Come Listen Every One (Korean pop group)
- Community Legal Education Ontario (legal aid clinic)
- Compact Library Extension Organizer (Firefox add-on)
- Computer Listings of Employment Opportunities (est. 1984; Torrance, CA)
- Conference On Lasers and Electrooptics
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity
- Cumbria and Lancashire Education Online
Samples in periodicals archive:
The attorney general is the nation's chief law enforcement officer, and complaints that the FBI entrapped a terror suspect reflect poorly on the agency, the Justice Department and law enforcement officials across the nation.
We can see where they've notched trees [on state-owned forest land] to see if they have that desirable pattern" says Larry Raedel, chief law enforcement officer for the Washington Department of Natural Resources.
America's chief law enforcement officer never mentioned the rule of law or justice.
Gonzales, the chief law enforcement officer in the country, testified at his confirmation hearing in January 2005 that the President could disregard the law.
One statute says that after the governor proclaims a state of emergency (as Blanco did), "the chief law enforcement officer of the political subdivision affected by the proclamation may .
Having been involved in government for the last 30 years, Pirro is currently serving her third term as chief law enforcement officer of Westchester County.
For the first time in our history, our nation has a chief law enforcement officer who, prior to his appointment, endorsed the notion that the president and his agents are above the law.