He was also a proud Navy veteran, serving in both World War II and the Korean War serving as a Chief Hospital Corpsman and Chief Pharmacists Mate and served aboard the USS Madison, PC 477, USS Great Sitkin and USS Munsee.
What does HMC stand for?
HMC stands for Chief Hospital Corpsman (Navy Designation Rating)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HMC
We have 357 other meanings of HMC in our Acronym Attic
- Heart, Mind, Body and Soul
- HECM (Home Equity Conversion Mortgage) Mortgage-Backed Security
- Her Majesty's Bermudian Ship
- Her Majesty's Burmese Ship
- His/Her Majesty’s Bahamian Ship
- Hundred Meter Breast Stroke
- Humanistic Management by Teamwork (book)
- Harvest Moon Back to Nature (game)
- Human Movement and Balance Unit (Institute of Neurology; UK)
- Al-Hayat Media Centre (Islamic State media)
- Hair Moisturizing Complex (Soft & Beautiful)
- Halal Monitoring Committee (UK)
- Half Mini Card (computing)
- Halifax Medical Center
- Halifax Metro Centre (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Halley Multicolor Camera
- Hamad Medical Corporation (Doha, Qatar)
- Harborview Medical Center (Seattle, Washington)
- Hard Minerals Committee
- Hardware Management Console for pSeries (IBM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When you talk about mass casualties, the idea is to see what level you're at to avoid becoming overwhelmed with the number of casualties," said Chief Hospital Corpsman Jacoby Flemming, who is attached to the 31st MEU.
MCPON helped Cosby don a service dress blue jacket of a chief hospital corpsman and SECNAV presented Cosby with a chief's cover.
We need this to be like 'muscle memory' for these guys," said Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman (FMF/AW) Daniel Smith, an FTX evaluator.
Chief Hospital Corpsman Ben Hodges coordinated deployed service members' participation with Detter, and despite the numerous obstacles to overcome, he said the race represented the solidarity of the sea services and the willingness to keep flood victims at the forefront.
Chief Hospital Corpsman (SW/FMF/AW) Sean Snook, the senior medical inspector for the Makin Island Amphibious Readiness Group, said the Medical Department received a near-perfect grade on its inspection.
Chief Hospital Corpsman Julie Jorgensen recently returned to her parent command, Naval Hospital Bremerton (NHB), Wash.
Special Warfare Boat Operator 2nd Class John Cowgar of Naval Special Warfare Group (NSWG) 4 competed against more than 100 other SEAL and special warfare combatant-craft crewmen (SWCC) combat medics within Naval Special Warfare Command to be selected as the Naval Special Warfare Special Operations Combat Medic (SOCM) of the year by the Special Operations Medical Association "He's an excellent example of a SOCM in Naval Special Warfare," said Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman Rickie Fry, NSWG 4's medical department leading chief petty officer.