Although the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and certain limited areas remain off limits, the majority of affected areas are now considered safe for settlement and economic activity.
What does CEZ stand for?
CEZ stands for Chernobyl Exclusion Zone (Ukraine)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CEZ
We have 11 other meanings of CEZ in our Acronym Attic
- Central European Youth Initiative
- Christian Education Youth Ministries
- Church of England Young Men's Society
- Creggan Early Years Network (UK childcare)
- Chick Embryo Yolk Sac
- Cagayan Export Zone Authority (Philippines)
- Canadian Electrolytic Zinc Limited
- Castle Eggman Zone (gaming; Sonic Robo Blast 2)
- Ceske Energeticke Zavody (Czechoslovia)
- Construction Exclusion Zone (British standard recommendations for trees in relation to construction)
- Cortez, CO, USA - Montezuma County (Airport Code)
- Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (Phillipines)
- Camden Empowerment Zone Corporation (Camden, NJ)
- Cumberland Empowerment Zone Corporation (Millville, NJ)
- Centro de Zonas Húmidas Português (Portugese)
- Church of England Zenana Missionary (UK)
- Church of England Zenana Missionary Society
- Chelyabinsk Electrolytic Zinc Plant (Russia)
- Color Embedded Zerotree Wavelet (color-image compression method)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the Chernobyl exclusion zone has become a magnet for researchers, ordinary tourists are still not welcome to the area.