Additionally, Windows operations such as Check Disk or Check Sum can be used to prepopulate a list of data errors — in a database, for example — without having to take a server or application offline, Pinkerson said.
What does CHKDSK stand for?
CHKDSK stands for Check Disk (MS-DOS)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Csk Homologous Kinase
- Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo Academy (New York, NY)
- Chick Cerebellar Kainate Binding Protein
- Canadian Helen Keller Centre (Ontario, Canada)
- Cherokee Coach, Inc.
- China Hong Kong City (commercial complex; Hong Kong)
- Choppahead Kustom Cycles (New Bedford, MA)
- Chamber of Hong Kong Computer Industry
- Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters (Norfolk, Virginia)
- China Hospital Knowledge Database
- Chong Hwa Kuala Lumpur (school; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- City Hall Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- Center for Healthcare Knowledge Management
- Carl H. Kumpf Middle School (Clark, NJ)
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (stock abbreviation, AMEX)
- Confucian Ho Kwok Pui Chun College (Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong)
- China Hong Kong Permanent Way Society
- Center for Hip and Knee Replacement (New York Presbyterian-Columbia University, New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If you check disks or flashcards in your home you may find some of the rock or rap songs performed by Uzbek singers as well C* and be aware of the satanic effects of this evil music," the narrator warned.
Byline: Stephen Cawley TO CHECK disk space, double-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop, right-click on the drive you want to check (normally C:) and select Properties from the menu.