Two small randomised trials (n = 12 and n = 14) in people with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A investigated the effect of three months of prefabricated night splinting (Redmond 2004, Refshauge et al 2006).
What does CMT1A stand for?
CMT1A stands for Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Type 1A
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Culturally Modified Tree (archaeology)
- Cultured Marble Top
- Customary Marine Tenure
- Customer Management and Technology (Sprint)
- Cut, Make & Trim (price term used in garment industry)
- Cybermedia Technologies, Inc.
- Cyberterra Mean Time (virtual realm)
- Charcot Marie Tooth International United Kingdom
- Central Mechanical Transport and Stores Depot (Rawalpindi, Pakistan)
- Canadian Mining Technology Network (MMS Canada)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease, Axonal, Type 2D
- California Manufacturers & Technology Association
- California Municipal Treasurers Association
- Canadian Massage Therapist Alliance
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Austin, Texas)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Association
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease, Axonal
- Christian Music Trade Association
- Connecticut Marine Trades Association (Essex, CT)
- Cross-Media Technologies and Applications
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to a study published in the Lancet Journal, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A (CMT1A) is a hereditary peripheral neuropathy that affects roughly one in 5000 births.
X-linked CMT (CMTX) is the 2nd most common form of demyelinating CMT after Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A and accounts for 10%-15% of all CMT cases (2).
Two examples of diseases caused by alterations in gene dosage are the autosomal dominant demyelinating peripheral neuropathy Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A (CMT1A)  and hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies (HNPP).
The peripheral myelin protein gene PMP-22 is contained within the Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A duplication.
2-p12 (CMT1A duplication) caused by a misalignment of the CMT1A repeat sequences (CMT1A-REPS) is associated with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A (CMT1A).