Whale watching excursions to the Channel Islands National Park are offered daily from Channel Islands Harbor and provide sightseers the best opportunities for viewing the whales, which are up to 50 feet long and weigh approximately 36 tons, as they travel south.
What does CHIS stand for?
CHIS stands for Channel Islands National Park (US National Park Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CHIS
We have 21 other meanings of CHIS in our Acronym Attic
- Cooperative Hospital Infant Restraint Program (Toronto General Hospital; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Canadian Hospitals Injury Reporting and Prevention Program
- Children's Hospital Injury Research and Prevention Program (Canada)
- Computer Hardware Inventory and Repair Processing System
- Confidential Human Factors Reporting System (UK)
- Community Head Injury Resource Services (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Community Health Intensity Rate Scale
- Community Housing Information and Reference Services (Australia)
- Consumer Health Information Resource Service (est. 1985; Nebraska)
- California Health Interview Survey (University of California, Los Angeles; Center for Health Policy Research; Los Angeles, CA)
- Chiapas (Estado de México)
- Community Health Information System
- Consumer Health Information Service (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Covert Human Intelligence Source (Crown Prosecution Service; UK)
- Committee for Health in Southern Africa (est. 1984)
- Cedar Hill Independent School District (Cedar Hill, Texas)
- Channel Initiated Secondary Electron (semiconductors)
- Computer Human Interaction and Software Engineering Lab (University of Victoria; Canada)
- Computer Human Interaction Special Interest Group
- Chicago White Sox (baseball team)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Boyle turns Channel Islands National Park into an unforgettable character itself--beautiful, menacing.
Like a streak of jagged stars, Channel Islands National Park is a constellation of five separate islands 20 miles off the California coast.
Nearby Channel Islands National Park, which has used biodiesel for several years to help meet its goal of making the islands petroleum-free, will purchase 20,000 gallons a year.
The Channel Islands National Park and Island Conservation recently united in a $1 million project to remove non-native rats from Anacapa Island in an effort to protect critical nesting habitat for seabirds.
Santa Barbara Zoological Gardens' involvement with the Channel Islands National Park and the island fox recovery project has continued since 1999.