The levels of cesium 134 and cesium 137, while elevated above background levels, were only about one-tenth the level considered dangerous to humans.
What does Cs-137 stand for?
Cs-137 stands for Cesium 137
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Communications Software and Services (IEEE COMSOC)
- Computer System and Software
- Customer Service & Support
- Cyber Security and Telecommunication
- Combat Surveillance And Target Acquisition Laboratory
- Conformation Spectra Intermediate Neglect of Differential Overlap
- Positive Conditional Stimulus
- Capability Set 1 (ITU Standards for Intelligent Networks)
- Cleavage Signal-1 Protein (obstetrics and gynecology)
- Crystal Square 1 (Crystal City, Arlington, VA)
- Crystal Square 2 (Crystal City, Arlington, VA)
- Crystal Square 3 (Crystal City, Arlington, VA)
- Crystal Square 4 (Crystal City, Arlington, VA)
- Crystal Square 5 (Crystal City, Arlington, VA)
- Continuous Source Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy
- Conjugate Structure Algebraic Code-Excited Linear Prediction (voice compression, ITU-T Specification G.729 and G.729a)
- Conjugate-Structured Algebraic Code-Excited Linear Prediction
- Constant Stress Accelerated Life Test
- Cockayne Syndrome Group B
- Circuit Switched-Cellular Digital Packet Data (also seen as CSCDPD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the study, cesium 134 and cesium 137 found in 15 bluefin tuna caught off the coast of San Diego, California, last August measured 4 bequerels per kilogram and 6.
Radioactive cesium 137, measuring 110 becquerels per kilogram or about 100 times the normal level, was found in samples collected from the seabed 30 kilometers off Sendai City and 45 meters beneath the surface.
1 kilograms of porcini mushrooms imported from Italy through Narita airport contained levels of cesium 134 and cesium 137 radiation above the government-set level.
WAKAYAMA, Japan, May 1 Kyodo (EDS: UPDATING WITH FINDING OF CESIUM 137 IN LEAD-5TH PARAS) Nuclear experts have identified cesium 137 as being inside a sealed container imported last week from the Philippines that was found to be emitting radiation, the Science and Technology Agency said Monday.
Since 1951," Hertsgaard writes, "Lake Karachay had accumulated an awesome 120 million curies worth of radioactivity and absorbed nearly 100 times more strontium 90 and cesium 137 than was released at Chernobyl.
The plants are helping to clean the pond; their roots dangle in the water to suck up the radionuclides cesium 137 and strontium 90.