Printer friendly

What does CSW stand for?

CSW stands for Certified Social Worker

This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:

  • Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
  • Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.

See other definitions of CSW

Other Resources:
We have 155 other meanings of CSW in our Acronym Attic

Samples in periodicals archive:

During his years in Massachusetts, he completed his Certificate in Alcohol Studies from Rutgers University, and received his certification as a Licensed Certified Social Worker and Counselor from Boston City Hospital - Boston University.
The list of who is eligible to become an SAE will be familiar to SAPs: licensed physicians, licensed or certified social workers, licensed or certified psychologists, licensed or certified employee assistance professionals, and alcohol or drug abuse counselors certified by the NAADAC Certification Commission or the International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC).
A certified social worker, Ms Brody practices psychotherapy for families and individuals and teaches American Literature at Boricua College in Harlem.
A trained social worker who received her Masters degree from New York University School of Social Work with an accreditation from the Association of Certified Social Workers (ACSW), her entire professional career was focused on helping others.
When we adopted our twins at birth five years ago, we had no trouble finding a suitable lawyer, were told that all of the Washington State certified social workers who do home studies are neutral to positive on gay families, and that no King County family court judge would rule against us merely because we are a gay couple.
Only a licensed physician (doctor of medicine or osteopathy), licensed or certified social worker, licensed or certified psychologist, licensed or certified employee assistance professional, or an alcohol and drug abuse counselor certified by the Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC, formerly the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors) or the International Certification Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (ICRC) may become a SAP.