Frameshift and splice-junction mutations in the sterol 27-hydroxylase gene cause cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis in Jews of Moroccan origin.
What does CTX stand for?
CTX stands for Cerebrotendinous Xanthomatosis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CTX
We have 17 other meanings of CTX in our Acronym Attic
- Continuous Time Wavelet Transform
- Counter Weight
- Chinese Telecommunication Workers Union
- Chunghwa Telecom Workers' Union (Taiwan)
- Creating the World We Want (UK)
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Center of Technical Expertise (USACE)
- Centex Corporation (stock symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
High-throughput urine screening for SmithLemli-Opitz syndrome and cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis using negative electrospray tandem mass spectrometry.
The options presented are xanthelasma, cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis and arcus cornealis.