Among those signing the statement were Fundar, Consejo Civil Mexicano para la Silvicultura Sostenible (CCMSS), Comunicacion y Educacion Ambiental, Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (CEMDA), Centro de Transporte Sustentable (CTS), Equidad de Genero, Transparencia Mexicana, Fundacion Heinrich Boll Stiftung, Instituto de Politicas de Transporte y el Desarrollo (ITDP), and Greenpeace Mexico.
What does CEMDA stand for?
CEMDA stands for Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (Spanish: Mexican Center for Environmental Law)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CEMDA
- Consumer Electronics Marketers of Canada
- Centre d'Études Mexicaines et Centraméricaines (French: Center for Mexican and Central American Studies; Mexico)
- Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia
- Communications-Electronics Maintenance Chiefs Advisory Board
- China Edible Mushroom Commercial Network
- Centre for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research (University of British Columbia; Canada)
- Centre for Electrophotonic Materials and Devices (est. 1987; McMaster University; Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Centre for Executive and Management Development (Alberta, Canada)
- Conservation and Environmental Management Division (Ministry of Science, Technology and the Environment; Malaysia)
- Coupled Electric and Magnetic Dipole
- Complementary Explorative Multilevel Data Analysis (online interaction research)
- Centre for Environmental Management of Degraded Ecosystems (India)
- Consulta Emerging Markets Debt Fund
- Cement Evaluation (petroleum industry)
- Center for Electric Machinery and Electromechanics (University of Illinois)
- Center for Emerging Market Enterprises (Tufts University; Massachusetts)
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. (also seen as CME; Czech Republic)
- Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence (conference facility; Rainham, England, UK)
- Centre for Estuarine and Marine Ecology (Netherlands)
- Charleroi Espace Meeting Européen (French: Charleroi Area European Meeting; Charleroi, Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They joined forces with land-rights advocates and environmental organizations, including the Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (CEMDA), to form the Comite Salvemos Temacapulin, Acasico y Palmarejo.
We were accused of wanting to hurt our country by blocking new jobs and new projects," said Gustavo Alanis, director of the Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (CEMDA).
The group includes Greenpeace Mexico, the Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (CEMDA), and the Fondo Internacional para la Proteccion de los Animales y su Habitat (International Fund for Animal Welfare, IFAW).
It's a fact that PROFEPA is very limited, it definitely follows the party line, they can't touch PEMEX much," said attorney Francisco Villagran Ballesteros, who works closely with the Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (CEMDA).
Gustavo Alanis, president of the Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (CEMDA), said the agreement not only runs counter to the government's commitment under the Cartagena Protocol but is also illegal.
Other organizations that have joined Greenpeace Mexico in urging the CEC to conduct the study are the Comite de Recursos Naturales de la Sierra Norte de Oaxaca, the Union de Comunidades Zapotecas y Chinantecas de Oaxaca (UZACHI), the Grupo de Estudios Rurales y Asesoria (ERA), the Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental (CEMDA), and the Union de Grupos Ambientalistas (UGAM).