The workers are being totally ignored and this is reflected in the government's anti-labour policies," said Tapan Sen, general secretary of the umbrella Centre of Indian Trade Unions.
What does CITU stand for?
CITU stands for Centre of Indian Trade Unions
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CITU
We have 6 other meanings of CITU in our Acronym Attic
- Citizens’ Independent Transportation Trust
- Commander's Integrated Training Tool
- Cities as International and Transnational Actors (European Science Foundation)
- Conference on Information Technology in Tertiary Education
- Community Integrated Training Type Functions
- Colorado Institute for Technology Transfer and Implementation (Colorado Springs)
- Centre d'innovation et de Transfert Technologique des Métaux (French: Center for Innovation and Technology Transfer of Metals)
- Corporate Information Technology Training Manager (Council)
- California Indoor Tanning Trade Organization
- Central Information Technology Unit (UK government)
- Chronic Illness Transition Unit (child healthcare)
- Computer Investigation and Technology Unit (New York Police Department)
- Confederation of Independent Trade Unions (various locations)
- Council of Trade Unions
- Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Bulgaria
- Centro de Información Toxicológica de la Universidad Católica (Chile; Toxicology Information Center of the Catholic University)
- Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Croatia
- Confederation of Independent Trade Unions of Montenegro
- Children's Independent Television (UK)
- Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The two-day Bharat Bandh was called by 11 trade unions including the Bhartiya Majdoor Sangh (BMS), All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC), Hind Mazdoor Sabha (HMS), Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC), Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU), and All India United Trade Union Centre (AIUTUC) to protest against price rise, and anti-people and anti-workers policies of the government.
The government is inciting locals to defame trade unions and trying to divert attention from the July 18 violence," said Satbir Singh, president Centre of Indian Trade Unions.
Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) has forwarded various complaints from employees in this sector to the Labour Ministry for taking suitable action (Rajan 2006).
Ganguly, the New Delhi-based Secretary of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions.