In March, a report from the Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries revealed that 261 women in the UK died from conditions directly or indirectly related to pregnancy for the three years from 2006 to 2008.
What does CMACE stand for?
CMACE stands for Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Confectionery Manufacturers Association of Canada
- Conference & Meeting Assistance Corporation
- Contemporary Medical Archives Centre
- Cryptomaterial Management and Assistance Centre (Canadian government)
- Census Metropolitan Area/Census Agglomeration (Canada)
- Center for Mexican-American Cultural Arts (Austin, TX)
- Columbus Metropolitan Area Community Action Organization
- Central Michigan Area Concert Band (Shepherd, MI)
- Central Murray Area Consultative Committee (Swan Hill, Victoria, Australia)
- Columbus Metropolitan Area Church Council (Columbus, OH)
- Centre for Manufacturing of Advanced Ceramics and Nanomaterials (ceramics research and development; Queens College; Kingston, Ontario, Canada)
- Concrete Masonry Association of California and Nevada
- Certificate Management Aircraft Certification Office (FAA)
- Central Monitor and Control System (NASA)
- Centre for Marine and Coastal Studies (UK)
- Certified Member of the Australian Computer Society
- Copperbelt Mining, Agriculture and Commercial Show (Zambia)
- Centre des Maladies Allergologiques et Dermatologiques
- Centre for Music Art and Design
- Christian Music and Drama (St. Andrews University; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Experts at the Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries (CMACE) published a new report, Saving Mothers' Lives, and issued a warning to health workers to be alert to signs of GAS.
EIGHT pregnant women died from swine flu after a string of "avoidable" medical errors, according to a study on last year's outbreak from the Centre for Maternal and Child Enquiries.