Speaking at a talk hosted by the Birmingham-office of Equistone Partners Europe, one of Europe's leading mid-market private equity investors, Professor Mike Wright, director of The Centre for Management Buy-Out Research at Imperial College, said MBO exit numbers had been slowly recovering from a low point in 2009 when the UK total value fell to PS2,512m - the lowest since 1990.
What does CMBOR stand for?
CMBOR stands for Centre for Management Buy-Out Research (Notthingham University Business School)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Call Me Back Now
- Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Centre for Molecular Biology and Neuroscience (Oslo, Norway)
- Calgary Minor Basketball Officials
- Cape May Bird Observatory
- Cell and Molecular Biology Online
- Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (game)
- Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization
- Configuration Management Body of Knowledge
- Contract Management Body of Knowledge (National Contract Management Association)
- Cape May Beach Patrol (Cape May, NJ)
- Cellular Molecular Biology and Physiology (Georgia State University; Atlanta, GA)
- Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology (North Carolina)
- Certified Medical Billing Professional (designation)
- Chamber Members Benefits Plan (Prescott Chamber of Commerce; Prescott, AZ)
- Comprehensive Minority Biomedical Program
- Cardiac Myosin-Binding Protein-C
- Center for Mind-Body Research (Johns Hopkins University; Baltimore, MD)
- Centraal Missionair Beraad Religieuzen (Dutch: Central Missionary Religious Discussions)
- Centre for Management and Business Research (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, the survey from the Centre for Management Buy-out Research (CMBOR), sponsored by Barclays Private Equity, showed that just two deals accounted for most of the total and the actual number of transactions fell.
Figures from the Centre for Management Buy-out Research showed there were 20 deals during the first three months of the year.
Those are the central findings of a review carried out in a joint initiative by the Deloitte and Touche and Barclays Private Equity consultancy and the Irish Centre for Management Buy-Out Research.
Byline: By John Duckers Business Editor The UK buy-out market is lagging way behind its European counterpart, according to the Centre for Management Buy-Out Research.
FIGURES released by the Centre for Management Buy-out Research value the buy-out market both for new deals and exits in Wales at just over pounds 214m.
Research by the Centre for Management Buy-Out Research gives hope in the region, where MBO activity has been flat.
A report from the Centre for Management Buy-out Research, Deloitte and Touche Corporate Finance and Barclays Private Equity attributed the high Irish position to the delisting of the Dublin-based packaging group Clondalkin for IRpounds 450 million in October 1999.