Following the individual conflict entries, which conclude about halfway into the fourth volume, come 16 articles on organizations, alliances, conventions, and negotiations, including the African Union, the Arab League, the Central Treaty Organization (the Baghdad Pact), the Non-Aligned Movement, the Economic Community of West African States, and the European Defense Community, among others.
What does CENTO stand for?
CENTO stands for Central Treaty Organization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Consolidated Enterprise Network Test and Evaluation Range (USAF; San Antonio, Texas
- Continuing Education Network for Training, Enrichment and Renewal (Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association)
- Centre Scientifique et Technique de l'Industrie Textile Belge (French: Scientific and Technical Centre of the Belgian Textile Industry; Belgium)
- Centre for Nanotechnology and Smart Materials (Portugal)
- CENtro de Teoterapia Integral (Spanish: International Center for Integral Theotherapy)
- One Hundredth
- Centre for Tourism in Islands and Coastal Areas (University of Kent; UK)
- Cellule Nationale de Traitement des Informations Financières (French: National Financial Intelligence Processing Unit; various nations; also seen as CNTIF)
- Creation Ex Nihilo Technical Journal
- Central Atlantic Sub-Area
- Council of European National Top-Level Domain Registries
- Central de Transferencia (Guatemala)
- Centralized Training Equipment Management System (US Navy)
- Centro de Trabajadoras de Casas Particulares (Spanish)
- Centre Nucléaire de Traitement et de Conditionnement des Déchets Faiblement Radioactifs (French: Center for Nuclear Processing and Packaging of Low Level Radioactive Waste)
- MET Police Crime Squad New Scotland Yard
- Central Alliance Party (UK)
- Capital Equipment Not Related to Construction
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nasser had been a thorn in the side of England and was the chief architect of dismantling the Central Treaty Organization, composed of members Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, and Jordan, and designed to encircle and contain the Soviets.
reached a bilateral security agreement in 1954 and, together with Iran and Turkey, formed the Central Treaty Organization in 1959.