Kalkyi, 30, a mother of four, set herself on fire and died near the main gate of Jonang Monastery in Rangtang County on Sunday, the India-based Central Tibetan Administration said on its website.
What does CTA stand for?
CTA stands for Central Tibetan Administration
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CTA
We have 616 other meanings of CTA in our Acronym Attic
- Catania, Sicily, Italy - Fontanarossa (Airport Code)
- CDS (Combat Direction System) Track Association
- Cellulose Triacetate (membrane used for reverse osmosis)
- Center for Technology Assessment
- Center for Total Access (Fort Gordon, GA)
- Center for Transportation Analysis
- Center Frequency Tone
- Center Test Authority
- Central de los Trabajadores Argentinos (Confederation of Argentine Workers)
- Central Terminal Area (LaGuardia Airport)
- Central TMDE Activity
- Central Trading Agency (various locations)
- Central Training Academy (security training institution)
- Centrale de Traitement d'Air (French: Air Handling Unit)
- Centre de Technologie Avancée (French: Advanced Technology Center)
- Centre de Traitement de l'Alerte (French: Alert Treatment Center)
- Centre Technique de Coopération Agricole et Rurale (French)
- Centre Technique de l'Aluminium (French: Aluminium Technical Center)
- Centro Técnico Aerospacial (Airspace Technical Center - São José dos Campos, Brazil)
- Certification of Territorial Authority (Indiana PSC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) scores of Tibetan youth have committed self-immolation as a mark of protest against Chinese administration.
The Central Tibetan Administration said in a statement that the latest death had pushed the total number of self-immolations since 2009 by Tibetans inside Tibet to 81, including five in the last six days and 19 in November alone.
He is survived by his parents, a wife and three children, the Central Tibetan Administration said on its website.
The situation is very grim," said Spokesperson of Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) in-exile, Lobsang Choedak at Dharamsala.
The Central Tibetan Administration quoted an eyewitness as saying Namlha Tsering, whose identity card shows him to be 48 years old, died in incident in Gansu's Xiahe County, administered as part of Gannan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture.
The Secretary of the Department of Information and International Relations, Central Tibetan Administration, Tashi, said leaders have tried to find ways to send the Dalai Lama to China and Tibet.
Sangay Dolma, a 17-year-old nun, set herself on fire and died Sunday in a village in the Huangnan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture of Qinghai Province; Kunchok Tsering, an 18-year-old man, did the same Monday in a town in the Gannan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture of Gansu Province; and Gonpo Tsering, a 24-year-old man did likewise in the prayer hall of a monastery in the same Gansu prefecture, the India-based Central Tibetan Administration said on its website.