THE Centre and the states overcame a major hurdle on Monday in their attempt to arrive at the modalities of goods and services tax ( GST) agreeing to a compensation formula for the reduction in Central sales tax ( CST).
What does CST stand for?
CST stands for Central Sales Tax
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CST
We have 570 other meanings of CST in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Scholarship Trust Plan
- Canadian Society for Transplantation
- Canadian Society of Telehealtlh
- Care Standards Tribunal (UK)
- Casualty Support Team (Canada)
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Cell Saver Technician
- Center for Science and Technology
- Center for Small Towns (Minnesota)
- Central Sandinista de Trabajadores (Spanish: Sandinista Workers Central, Nicaragua)
- Central Services Team
- Central Standard Time (GMT-0600)
- Centre de la Sécurité des Télécommunications (Canadian Communications Security Establishment)
- Centre for Sustainable Transportation (Canada)
- Centre for the Study of the Text (Institution of the Baha'i Faith)
- Centre Spatiale de Toulouse (French)
- Cercle Sportif Trelou (French sports club)
- Certification for Sustainable Tourism (various locations)
- Certified Scrum Trainer (business methods)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He also mentioned that the various states want the central government to resolve the Central Sales Tax (CST) compensation issue before moving ahead with the rollout of the Goods and Service Tax (GST) regime.
WITH several knotty issues still to be resolved, including compensation to states for lost revenue because of reduction in the Central Sales Tax ( CST) from four per cent to two per cent, the UPA government's plans to roll out the goods and services tax ( GST) will have to be put on hold till 2014.
However, the issue of compensation to the states for the reduction in the central sales tax still remain as a major bone of contention between the Centre and states, a point that is yet to gain consensus in order to implement the GST.
On CII's recommendation of reducing Central Sales Tax to nil as it leads to double taxation, Mitra said that once the General Sales Tax comes in, the CST would be rolled back.
Mukherjee added that the Centre has decided to fully compensate the states for their revenue losses on account of Central sales tax ( CST) reduction during 2009- 10.