EYLEA was approved in the United States for the treatment of neovascular (wet) Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) in November 2011 and for Macular Edema following Central Retinal Vein Occlusion (CRVO) in September 2012.
What does CRV stand for?
CRV stands for Central Retinal Vein
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CRV
We have 71 other meanings of CRV in our Acronym Attic
- Central Region United Synagogue Youth (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust
- Coalition to Restore Urban Waters (Berkeley, CA)
- Construction Resource Utilization Explorer (NASA)
- Cosmic Ray Upset Experiment
- California Redemption Value
- Call Reference Value (telecommunications)
- Camera Ready Version
- Carlinville (Amtrak station code; Carlinville, IL)
- Cassa Di Risparmio Di Vignola (Italian bank)
- Central Rift Valley (Ethiopia)
- Centre Relais Vidéo (French: Video Relay Center; deaf communication)
- Cerebroretinal Vasculopathy
- Certified Receipt Voucher
- Chœur Régional de la Vézère (French: Regional Choir of the Vezere)
- Church Related Vocation (various organizations)
- Coastal Research Vessel
- Coastguard Response Vehicle
- Comfortable Runabout Vehicle
- Comité Roannais de Vacances (French leisure center; Roane, France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Osaka, Japan, has submitted an application for marketing authorization for VEGF Trap-Eye (aflibercept solution for injection) for the treatment of macular edema following Central Retinal Vein Occlusion (CRVO) to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) in Japan.
Retinal Haemorrhage Retinal vein occlusion Retinal venous occlusion is usually sub-divided into central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO), hemi-retinal vein occlusion (HRVO) and branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO), dependent upon the site of the obstruction and area of retina affected.
Central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) is a common retinal vascular disorder that has been associated with various systemic pathological conditions, although the exact cause is unknown.
Although a laser treatment of the retina called grid photocoagulation has shown a benefit in improving the vision of patients with blockages in smaller branches of the retinal vein, there is presently no effective therapy for vision loss associated with macular edema after central retinal vein occlusion-blockage in the main portion of the retinal vein, at the optic nerve.
Nasdaq:REGN) have announced that the companies are extending their global development program for VEGF Trap-Eye, an investigational agent for the treatment of certain eye diseases, to include Central Retinal Vein Occlusion (CRVO).
Abstract: Central retinal vein occlusion has not been reported previously in patients with sickle cell anemia.
It is caused by a blockage of a blood vesselgoing to the retina at theback of the eye, either the central retinal vein or artery.