He also announced his intention to nominate Petraeus as the next director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
What does CIA stand for?
CIA stands for Central Intelligence Agency (US government)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CIA
We have 545 other meanings of CIA in our Acronym Attic
- Catastrophic Incident Annex (US FEMA)
- Caught in the Act (band)
- Cedartown Insurance Agency
- Celestial Intervention Agency (Doctor Who)
- Centennial Ice Arena (various locations)
- Center for Icelandic Art
- Center for Information Assurance
- Central Illinois Ag (agricultural equipment company)
- Central Inhibitory Area (neuroscience)
- Central Intelligence Access (WordPerfect)
- Centre d'Insémination Artificielle
- Centre International d'Antibes (language school)
- Centre International des Alliances (Quimper, France)
- Certificate of Individual Achievement (various organizations)
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Change Impact Assessment
- Changes in Attitude Hypnosis (Fort Collins, CO)
- Channels of the Internet Age
- Charitable Immunity Act
- Cheers in Advance
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gates, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, is known for being a dose persona[ friend of the first President Bush and for his record in public service.
Four-star Air Force General Michael Hayden, a 30-year intelligence veteran who headed the Bush administration's warrantless domestic surveillance program, was tapped by the president on May 8 to head the Central Intelligence Agency.
1592287298 OSS; the secret history of America's first central intelligence agency.
At the Central Intelligence Agency, workforce diversity is a mission imperative.