A more effective way of composing a photograph is to locate the center of interest (such as the subject's eye) at one of the third points, which are one-third of the way in from any corner of the picture space.
What does COI stand for?
COI stands for Center of Interest (photography)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COI
We have 147 other meanings of COI in our Acronym Attic
- Certified Occupational Health and Safety Technologist
- Coalition of Historical Trekkers
- Canadian-Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (Markham, Ontario, Canada)
- Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition
- Canadian Outcomes Institute
- Cardiac Output Index
- Career Orientation Inventory
- Cause of Insanity (band)
- Causes of Infection
- Center for Open Innovation (University of California, Berkeley)
- Centers of Influence
- Central Office of Information
- Centre for Organisation and Innovation (Economic and Social Research Council; UK)
- Certificate of Identicality
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificate of Inspection
- Certificate of Installation
- Certificate of Insurance (insurance)
- Certificate of Irradiation (sterility validation process)
- Certified Online Instructor
Samples in periodicals archive:
Creating a Center of Interest Point out that in an asymmetrical design the center of interest, where your eye goes to first, is off center--not in the middle.
The center of interest is not the text, but the "script," a somewhat metaphysical entity, realized only in performance, and completed only by the release of psychic energy in an audience.