For its part, the Center for Equal Opportunity would prefer that race not be factored into college admissions at all, which they consider to be a form of racial discrimination.
What does CEO stand for?
CEO stands for Center for Equal Opportunity
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CEO
We have 390 other meanings of CEO in our Acronym Attic
- Campus Economic Organization
- Campus Equipment Outfitters
- Canine Enforcement Officer
- Casualty Evacuation Officer
- Catholic Education Office (Australia)
- Celestial Ephemeris Origin (astronomy)
- Center for Earth Observation
- Center for Economic Opportunity (various organizations)
- Center for Effective Organizations
- Center for Electro-Optics
- Central Engine Overhaul
- Central Europe Online
- Centre d'Études Olympiques (French: Olympic Studies Center; Switzerland)
- Centre for Earth Observation
- Centre for Ethical Orientation
- Centrum Edukacji Obywatelskiej (Polish: Center for Civic Education)
- Chairman and Executive Officer
- Challenge English Online
- Chambre Economique de l'Ontario
- Cheat Every One
Samples in periodicals archive:
First, a small handful of independent legal nonprofits--led by the Center for Equal Opportunity (CEO) and the American Civil Rights Institute (ACRI)--have applied extensive pressure on colleges and universities to abandon race-conscious scholarships.
The Center for Equal Opportunity has pushed for "sunshine" legislation at both the federal and state level, (28) but this is an uphill battle.
LINDA CHAVEZ President, Center for Equal Opportunity, and a syndicated columnist I think it inadvisable to add members to the Security Council at this time, although I think a strong case can be made for adding Japan at some point in the future.
Roger Clegg General Counsel Center for Equal Opportunity Sterling, VA Richard Epstein replies: Roger Clegg's letter represents a curious combination of the practical and theoretical.
Roger Clegg--is chief counsel for the conservative Center for Equal Opportunity.
Linda Chavez, president of the Center for Equal Opportunity and a former senior official in the Reagan Administration, disagreed.